In response to the Coronavirus, Covid - 19, the Government announced there would be support for small businesses, and businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors.
This support takes the form of two grant funding schemes, the Small Business Grant Fund and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund.
This form is provided to capture the information required by the council to verify and make the payment of these grants.
The government has set out the following qualifying criteria for the award of the Grants. Eligible recipients will receive one grant per business property, called a hereditament
Small Business Grant Fund
Hereditaments included in this scheme are those which on the 11 March 2020 were eligible for relief under the business rate Small Business Rate Relief Scheme or eligible for relief under the Rural Rate Relief scheme. The value of the Grant is £10,000.
Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund
Hereditaments which on the 11 March 2020 had a rateable value of £15,000 or less and would have been eligible for a discount under the business rates Expanded Retail Discount Scheme had that scheme been in force for that date are eligible for the grant. The value of the Grant is £10,000. The Expanded Retail Discount Scheme gives the business 100% relief from the 2020/21 rates.
Hereditaments which on the 11 March 2020 had a rateable value of more than £15,000 but less than £51,000 and would have been eligible for a discount under the business rates Expanded Retail Discount Scheme had that scheme been in force for that date are eligible for the grant. The value of the Grant is £25,000.
Hereditaments with a rateable value of £51,000 or more are not eligible for the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund.
You will only be able to complete this form if you have received an email or letter from Harlow Council telling you that you are entitled to the grant. If you have not received a letter or email and believe you should be entitled to the grant, please email email@example.com
detailing why you believe you are eligible and we will respond in due course.
The form works best when completed on a PC or Laptop
Please ensure you follow the steps below when completing the form:
- Please enter the post code as it appears on the letter or email you have received, even if this is different from the post code you usually use
- If your letter or email contains a Title, First Name and Last Name, please select that you are an individual
- Please enter your name exactly as it appears on your letter or email
- If your letter or email does not contain a Title, First Name and Last Name, please select that you are an organisation.
- Please enter yours or your company's name exactly as it appears on your letter or email. If your letter lists your company name as "Ltd", please do not enter "Limited"
- If you are asked to provide bank details, please enter the sort code as 123456 and not 12-34-56
- If you are completing the form on a phone or tablet, please ensure you enter the business post code and any letters in your reference number in the same case as in your letter. Otherwise you may get an error saying that your property is not eligible for the grant.
- Once you have completed the form. Please do not close the windows until you have received confirmation that your form has been submitted and you have received your reference number. Closing the window early may result in us not receiving your form and a delay in you receiving your grant.
If the name given in your letter or email contains an apostrophe you will not be able to complete the form. If this is the case please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start a form
Have you received a letter or email from Harlow Council notifying you that you are eligible for this grant?